Antoine Vanasse dit Precourt was born in Baie du Febvre , Yamaska County Quebec on July 20 ,1820 the son of Joseph and Therese Bosivert .He became an "engage" and moved West and found himself working at Green Bay Wisconsin. Realizing that he could earn a better living working on his own , Antoine established a saw mill at Mill Creek ,Wisconsin .
In June 1850 he set up a homestead in the nearby township of Buena Vista in Portage County .
At Beloit Wisconsin he married Lois Young on March 30 ,1846 . Her family was from Maine . They would have five children .
1. Louisa Alvina born November 20 ,1944 at Winnebago Illinois .
2. Rosina Filina born March 14 ,1847 at Mill Creek Wisconsin.
3. Joseph Luman born August 1848 at Mill Creek Wisconsin .
4. Amelia Philoman born May 22 ,1856 at Buena Vista Township Wisconsin .
5. Lyman Antoine born July 24 ,1859 at Buena Vista Township Wisconsin .
Antoine Precourt was joined in Wisconsin by his cousins , the children of david Vanasse dit Precourt and Marie Louise Reche .Joseph Precourt born on February 4 ,1837 also at the Baie du Febvre probably came to wisconsin around 1857 . He was later joined by his siblings Octave David born 1838 , Abraham born 1845 , William born 1842 and Asa born 1844 . There was also a sister Marie born 1843 . Their mother Marie Louise Reche would also go West . Their descendants are a distinct Vanasse- Precourt outpost west of Quebec and New England .